- Art Classes – Classes change regularly and are offered for both beginning and advanced students.
- Computer Classes – Classes and one-on-one tutoring are available to members at affordable pricing.
- Creative Writing, Memory Retention, AARP Safe Driving and more!
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Blood Pressure Clinics
- Foot Care Clinics
- Hearing Clinics
- Flu Shot Clinics
- Fitness Classes
The Center hosts a wide variety of interest and hobby groups. Recreational groups that play billiards, bridge or other games are popular. Groups like wood carving, knitting, crocheting and bridge are available for those looking for a more creative outlet. Like dining out? There’s a group for that too! Call the PSC at (269) 329-4555 for more information on interest groups. Check out the newsletter or PSC website for current offerings.
PSC offers “Speed Dating” for Older Adults
Take your first step and join the Portage Senior Center for a “First Impressions” Speed Dating Event tailored to adults 50 years and older. Whether seeking a companion or a soul-mate, this is your chance to get to know a variety of interesting and fun people in a series of 5 minutes chats.
These events will take place at Jac’s Cekola’s Pizza in Portage. Sessions will run 4:30-6:30PM. For a schedule & to register, contact the PSC at 329-4555 or e-mail email@example.com. Additional events will be scheduled so be sure to request to receive our notifications & updates!
- Band – Become a member of the PSC band. Rehearsals are on Tuesday afternoons as scheduled.
- Choir – Rehearsal is every Thursday morning from August through June.
- Reader’s Theatre – Perform short stories and plays for children and adults without memorizing lines.
- AARP Tax Assistance
- Information & Referral
- Friendship Café
The PSC offers a variety of one-day and multi-day trips planned to please both those looking for new destinations and those who prefer the comfort of familiarity. From theater trips to cruises, the travel program is popular with members.